Our chapter sponsors monthly programs on native plants and natural landscapes.
- Meetings are free and the public is welcome. Come join us if you’re interested in gardening with native plants and enjoying natural landscapes.
- Our 2017 meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at the FamilyMeans Building, 1875 Northwestern Ave. in Stillwater. Socializing begins at 6:30 pm with our speaker at 7 pm.
- Garden tours/field trips are typically held on weekends. and occur year-round. See our Chapter Calendar for details on all programs, tours and field trips.
- Read about the benefits of membership.
- We join with other Minnesota Wild Ones chapters to sponsor an annual Design with Nature Conference. Our next conference will be on 2/17/2018 at the Anderson Student Center, University of St. Thomas, St.Paul Campus.
Tuesday, October 17 — Managing Native Trees & Woodlands for Tree Selection, Health Threats, Wildlife, and Risk Prevention — presented by Kathy Widin
7:00 pm – 8:45 pm FamilyMeans building, Stillwater, MN
Our native woodlands provide benefits such as beauty, shade, screening, wildlife habitat, and stormwater management. They also face threats, such as insects, diseases, invasive plants, and property development. Presenter Kathy Widin will discuss how we can care for our native woodlands in ways that keep them healthy and providing benefits year after year.
Click here to read the President’s Report for our 2016 Annual Membership Meeting.
Wild Ones Mission
Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes promotes environmentally sound landscaping practices to preserve biodiversity through the preservation, restoration and establishment of native plant communities. Wild Ones is a not-for-profit environmental education and advocacy organization.